I don't think we could have gotten off to a more auspicious start. The
flight to Jakarta was the first good sleep any of us was going to get
for a while, as all of our respective housemates and families can
attest. Instead, we started the holiday early with some duty free
spirits - that knocked me out for the count after we finally got on
the plane, but Top Cat and Two-Beat tell me they carried on all the
way through till we landed, and began the lengthy process of setting
up the bikes. Nothing was badly damaged, and the trailer came out
looking almost as good as it did when it went in, which was a very
pleasant surprise.
Having gotten that out of the way, we settled in for a nice long rest
before the first day of riding, getting to bed at 1am for a 6am start.
As it turns out, it may have been possible for us to have been better
prepared, but at least we have all the important things sorted -
trailer mounted speaker connected to iPhone, business cards with our
names on it etc. Things like mud guards are secondary.
So far our first day has been great, starting with a 3 hour drive to
Anyer, followed by a quick swim and coconuts on the beach. I'm sure
we'll start riding eventually, but right now I've got to go, as the
jetski is ready. Hopefully I'll have more for you later.
Stay tuned,
Mike Smokin' Bausor
Typical Matt and Ian, drinking like there is no tomorrow. Sounds like you guys are having such a good time in Anyer that the bike ride might even ruin the day :P Anyway, good luck guys, and keep posting :D
ReplyDeleteIn
I am eagerly awaiting your next update guys. what about some pics? I hope things are going well - Malcolm
ReplyDeleteCool! Glad you guys (and your bikes) arrived safely:) Looking forward to hearing more soon!
ReplyDelete:) Heather
Matty O,
ReplyDeleteSend your pedometer steps please
Geoff